Maintenance and care
Maintenance of Jane Kønig jewellery
Jane Kønig silver jewellery is 100% nickel-free.
The majority of Jane Kønig's jewellery is made of sterling silver 925s, which are either plated with 18-carat gold, rose gold or rhodium. This jewellery is stamped JK 925S, as proof that your jewellery is 925 sterling silver and created by Jane Kønig.
18-carat gold jewellery is stamped with JK 750.
Jewellery needs maintenance and to extend the durability of the coating, we recommend that you take care of your jewellery and wear them with care.
For everyday use, we recommend that you follow these tips:
- Always remove the jewellery before going to bed.
- Avoid washing your hands with the jewelery on and always take them off before you take a shower, clean, play sports, etc.
- When you are not wearing the jewelery, it is recommended that you store the jewelery in a closed fabric bag, plastic bag or similar. This way you avoid oxidation of the jewelry.
- Clean the jewelry regularly. For this use a soft cloth, neutral detergent and lukewarm water. Obs. keep your pearl jewelry away from dishwashing liquid and perfume as they will lose their luster.
- You can order Jane Kønig jewellery cleanser set here >>
- The jewellery should be added as the final step in the daily beauty routine. Perfume, make-up, hair spray, lotion and oils can all damage the coating on the jewellery.
We also advise our dealers to share this information with their customers.
If you have Jane Kønig jewellery with gilding, it is an 18-carat gold coating that can wear off over time. We, therefore, recommend that you take off your jewellery before going to bed, taking a bath, washing your hands and playing sports.
In Jane Kønig we mainly use Wesselton SI diamonds. We guarantee that our diamonds are conflict-free in accordance with United Nations Resolutions.
Silver jewellery tarnishes over time, which manifests itself as dark-coloured stains. This is a natural process and is therefore not a complaint.
You can clean the jewellery with lukewarm water, a soft toothbrush and neutral dishwashing detergent. If the jewellery is still oxidized, you can dip it in the liquid silver cleaner for a maximum of 5 sec. Then rinse the jewellery in water and sand with a dry and soft cloth. The process can be repeated, but never leave your jewellery in the cleaning liquid for longer than prescribed, as silver jewellery with a coating can lose colour.
If the jewellery oxidises within 14 days, you must contact our customer service on tel. +45 33 15 86 87 (key 1) or send an email to email@example.com
It is important that Jane Kønig's aesthetic s-lock is treated correctly. When opening and closing the s-lock, carefully twist the lock to the side and not up or down. This way you avoid the silver getting worn and cracking. It is also important that you double-check that the lock is completely closed so that you avoid losing either the pendant or the chain itself. We also enclose a guide for handling the s-lock in all shipments.
VIDEO: How to clean your Jane Kønig jewellery